The Aurora(n) converters represent the culmination of years of research and development dedicated to significantly improving upon the well-regarded Lynx Aurora 8 and 16 models used by professionals around the world.
Providing an even greater level of wide-open, uncompressed and unequalized audio for studios, mastering facilities, remote recording, broadcast, live performance and production installations, these Aurora(n) converters set a new standard in analog to digital and digital to analog conversion. Leveraging technology that was previously reserved for the Lynx Hilo combined with the latest FPGA processors, the Aurora(n) achieves the pinnacle of transparency and low distortion and noise.
A converter for now and for the future
The Aurora's future-proof design is expanded in the Aurora(n). New enhancements and capabilities will be made available through firmware upgrades. LSlot expansion slots allow for a wide array of current connectivity options to include Thunderbolt, Dante, ProTools|HD, USB and future formats. Expandable audio I/O modules are being developed to include pre amp, analog summing, digital I/O (AES3 + ADAT) which will be available in 2017. This makes for an Aurora(n) that will perform exceptionally for you now and remain innovative well into the future.
Also added to the line are two audiophile-grade headphone outs with independent volume control. A 480 X 128 TFT LCD display provides immediate access to all levels and functions – also configurable for future functionality.
Paul Erlandson explains Aurora (n) at NAMM 2017
• Complete redesign integrating Hilo Converter Technology (HCT) for analog I/O achieving significant improvements in transparency and reductions of both noise and distortion.
• 8 to 32 channelconfiguration.
• LSlotTM expansion slot for Dante.
• Configurable I/O - pre-amp, summing & AES3+ADAT modules to be released in 2017.
• Up to 32-channels of real-time recording and playback via on-board Micro SD card
• 2 audiophile-grade headphone outputs
• 1 in/3 out Word clock I/O with Lynx exclusive second generation SynchroLock-2 sample clock technology